Friday, January 1, 2016
2015: A Year In Review
Happy New Year, everyone!!
It's hard to believe that another year has gone by, to be honest. In a lot of ways it was a great year, in other ways there are things that I want to improve for 2016, but overall I feel pretty positive about it.
First of all, let's get the things that bothered me out of the way:
1. I didn't meet my intial reading goal for this year. I wanted to read 100 books, but in the end I only read 50, and I just squeaked by that last night. I know that that's not all that bad, but still - reading is something that I consider very important, and it's a reminder that I need to make it a priority.
2. I had a huge reading slump again this year. This one lasted from May until October, and then I had another mini one from October until December. I don't know what it is, and I know that ebbs and flows in reading are normal. This is proof positive of a trend I've noticed in other areas of my life, though - I get very passionate about something and do it a lot, and then it dies off completely to be replaced by something else, and it goes in cycles. I think one of my goals for 2016 is to try and find more of a balance.
3. I neglected my blog, too! As goes my reading, so goes my blog, too. It's something that I'm aware of and that I'm going to work on in 2016 - wish me luck!
Still, I'm pretty happy with 2015. I think I covered a pretty good variety of books, from romance to science fiction to horror to fantasy. I want to continue this in 2016. You can find my 2015 Year In Books here.
I mentioned way back in May that I wanted to keep up my tea drinking rather than coffee, and I'm pleased to say that I've mostly been successful! Now, I've spent probably more than I should on various tea related things, but now that I'm mostly settled it's going to save me a lot of money (and calories!) in comparison to my Starbucks habit. Plus, there are a crazy amount of interesting teas to try! One of my favourites is Santa's Secret from David's tea. Chocolate peppermint tea, so delicious and warming.
Goals for 2016:
1. I've set my reading goal for 2016 at 75 books, and I hope to meet this or even surpass it.
2. I also want to include more variety in my reading - I'm currently working on a fascinating non-fiction book that I hope to have a review for in the next little while, and I want to read more classics, and adult books.
And that's about it, really! Let's keep it simple :)
I hope that everyone is having a great first day of 2016, and happy reading!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment